Effective June 16, 2016
Welcome to Waggle ("Waggle,” "we," "us" or "our"). Waggle provides a platform for pet lovers and animal enthusiasts to share photos and videos of their animal friends, reviews of services, discussion subjects, and follow and communicate with other pet lovers via our Waggle application and our social media channels and website.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information you provide us directly:
- Your username, password, email address, location, account description, photo and any other information you provide us when you register for an account; as well as information provided to us by any third-party channel (e.g. Facebook) whom you may use to register for an account. At this time, third party channels used for identification with which we will connect are social platforms including but not limited to Facebook and Twitter.
- Information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, username, photo, bio). This information allows us to help you or others be "found" on Waggle.
- User Content that you post to the Service.
- Communications between you and Waggle. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of Service-related e-mails.
- If you wish to make changes to your account information, you may do so on your profile page in the Waggle application. In this page you can change your profile photo, profile name, location, information on who you are and how you will use the app, and your saved streams.
- We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
Cookies and similar technologies:
Log file information:
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a Web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the Web page or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your Web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service and for our other business purposes.
- When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers." Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by us.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third-party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted.
- Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including a hashtag (e.g., to mark keywords when you post a photo or video), geotag (e.g., to mark your location to a photo or video), comments or other data. This makes your User Content more searchable by others and more interactive. If you geotag your photo or video or tag your photo or video using other's APIs then your latitude and longitude will be stored with the photo or video and will be searchable (e.g., through a location or map feature) if your photo or video is made public by you in accordance with your privacy settings.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- register you and manage your account
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service
- provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- develop and test new products and features
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, usage, traffic, and other patterns
- diagnose or fix technology problems
- automatically update the Waggle application on your device. We or others may run contests, special offers or other events or activities ("Events") on the Service
- provide reports to advertisers or business partners
- facilitate communications with Users
3. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may share User Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that Waggle is part of, or that become part of that group ("Affiliates"). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Service (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates' own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences).
- We also may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Service to you ("Service Providers"). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertisers. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to the public. Once you have shared User Content or made it public, that User Content may be re-shared by others. That information may also be indexed and posted by search engines.
- If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users or third parties using our API have copied or saved that information.
What happens in the event of a change of control of Waggle
- If we sell or otherwise transfer part or the whole of Waggle or our assets to another organization (e.g., in the course of a transaction like a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, liquidation), your information such as name and email address, User Content and any other information collected through the Service may be among the items sold or transferred, including our rights under the Terms of Service.
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
- We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena). This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States. We may also access, preserve and share information when we believe it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
4. HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
- Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Waggle, its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities.
- Waggle, its Affiliates, or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- We use certain safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and us, at all times. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes the social media services you connect to Waggle make to their services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
5. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
- Update your account at any time by logging in and editing your profile settings.
- Unsubscribe from email communications from us by clicking on the "unsubscribe link" provided in such communications. As noted above, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
How long we keep your User Content:
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, Waggle, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content indefinitely for the Service or for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
6. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
8. HOW TO CONTACT US